Coriander leaves are the taste enhancer of every Indian food. Be it an Indian gravy or snacks recipe, we have been using these aromatic leaves for garnishing our foods.
But today in this recipe of” PANEER TIKKA SMOKEY DHANIYA” we are going to use it as the main ingredient for making our gravy. As the name suggests we will make smokey paneer tikka and put it in the coriander gravy.so let’s start with the recipe.
INGREDIENTS FOR PANEER MARINATION:
Hung curd: 2 tbsp
Coriander powder: 1tsp
Cumin powder: ½ tsp
Black pepper powder: ¼ tsp
Garlic paste: 1 tbsp
Ginger paste: 1 tsp
Turmeric powder: ¼ tsp
Salt: ¼ tsp/as per taste
Paneer / cottage cheese : 200 gms(cut in big piece
Oil: 1 tsp for marination+ 1 tbsp for roasting tikkas
INGREDIENTS FOR GRAVY:
Coriander leaves: 2 cups
Garlic cloves: 5(big size)
Green chilli : 3(medium hot) / as per taste
Cumin seeds: 1.5 tsp
Black pepper whole: ¼ tsp
Water for grinding: ¼ cup
Salt: ¼ tsp / as per taste
Mustard oil: 1 tbsp
Hing / asafoetida: ¼ tsp(a generous pinch)
Water: ¾ cup
- First, put all ingredients of marination except paneer/cottage cheese in a bowl and mix it well.
- Add paneer/cottage cheese pieces to it and mix well so that all the paneer pieces are coated well with the spices.
- Cover it and keep in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Take coriander leaves, garlic, green chili, cumin seeds, black pepper seeds, and grind it to a paste by adding ¼ cup of water.
- Now heat a pan and add 1tbsp oil( I used canola oil) and roast the marinated paneer pieces until golden brown.
- Now transfer all the tikkas on a gas grill and roast or roast them one by one with the help of tongs in a direct gas flame for giving them smokey flavor. ( refer to the video)
- Now heat mustard oil in the same pan add asafoetida and saute
- Then add the coriander paste and cook for 3-4 minutes on low flame.
- Now add water gradually and give it a boil.
- Final step add tikkas to it and cook for 3 minutes or until the gravy becomes thick, by stirring regularly.
Your paneer tikka smokey dhaniya is ready now, serve hot with any Indian flatbread or rice.
Click here to read more interesting articles on recipes