If you are wondering, what new should you make for your Sunday special evening snacks, here is my newly-developed recipe for you. It’s a perfect evening snack, easy to make with easily available ingredients and the best part of this dish is, it’s palatable for all age groups.so let’s start with preparation.
INGREDIENTS: for Stuffing
Paneer: 1 cup(diced in small cubes)
Onion: ½ cup(finely chopped)
Garlic: 1 tbsp(finely chopped)
Green chili: 1 tsp(finely chopped)
Oil: 2 tsp(I have used canola oil)
Tomato sauce: 1 tbsp
Soya sauce:3/4 tsp
Salt: ½ tsp
Black pepper powder: a generous pinch
INGREDIENTS: for Pockets
Maida (plain flour): 2 cups
Oil for kneading the dough:1/4-1/3 cup
Oil for frying: 2 cups
Salt: 1 tsp
Cooking soda: a pinch
- Take maida, salt, cooking soda in bowl and mix.
- Start adding oil in slots, crumble, mix and when flour holds shape while binding, stop adding oil.
- Start kneading flour by adding water to it, make a stiff dough and keep aside.
- Prepare to stuff:
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan, add garlic, chili, and onion and sauté till onion become translucent.
- Add salt, soya sauce, and tomato sauce and sauté for 30 seconds
- Add paneer to its mix and add black pepper powder, cook for 2 minutes and switch off the flame and let the mixture cool before filling.
- Take the dough and knead again by tucking inside.
- Make small balls out of it and roll it in round shape or a shape of your choice.
- Apply water on the edges, put stuffing in the center, fold half and seal the edges by pressing it hard so that it doesn’t open while frying.use a fork to make the design on the edges or you can use the gujhiya mold for preparing the pockets.
- Fry it on low medium flame till golden brown in color.
- Your chili paneer pockets are ready now, serve hot with chutney, sauce or mayonnaise.
Click here to read more articles on recopies