Dahi Ke Sholay
When I came to Delhi, it was for the first time I heard about these snacks named “DAHI KE SHOLAY”.
I was like “did I hear it right!!!” Is it Sholay movie wala Sholay…? So Sholay is being eaten now
The name made me curious of what exactly could be the ingredients and procedure of making it.
Then I first got to taste it in my neighbor’s party, where I found everyone was very fond of this “DAHI KE SHOLAY”.It was the cook inside me decided to give it a try.
And now I have come up with my own simpler version of “DAHI KE SHOLAY” which you too can give a try. So let’s start…
- Paneer (cottage cheese):1/2 cup(grated)
- Hung curd: 1/3 cup
- Onion: 2 tbsp. (finely chopped)
- Capsicum: 1.5 tbsp. (grated)
- Green chili: 1 tsp. (finely chopped)
- Salt: 1 tsp. or as per taste
- Black pepper powder: 1/4 tsp. or as per taste
- Bread: 10 pieces
- Oil for frying
- Water for sealing the edges
- Mix together paneer, curd, onion, capsicum, chili, salt, and black pepper.
- Cut the sides of the bread.
- Take bread and roll flat.
- Apply water generously to it.
- Turn it back and put one of spoon stuffing at one corner and start rolling it tightly with light hands (refer to the video)’
- Apply water on all the open ends and seal it properly (refer to the video)
- Similarly, make all your Sholay ready.
- Fry it on high flame by flipping it continuously to avoid burning.
- Fry until light brown in color.
- Cut the Sholay into two halves.
- Sprinkle some chat masala and coriander chutney and serve hot.
Click here to read more interesting articles on recipes