Samosa, the most loved Indian snack is now not only Indian’s favorite but it’s being liked globally. The salted flour dough is filled with stuffing made of different things, but the authentic samosa filling is made up of potato (Aloo)
Although it is liked by everyone, but people find it difficult to make it at home. Whenever I have given samosa party to my friends and neighbors, they have asked me for the recipe.
So for all of them and for all my lovely readers and viewers, here I am with the recipe of Authentic Dhaba style samosa
INGREDIENTS FOR SAMOSA COVER:
- All-purpose flour/maida:1.5 cup
- Salt :1 tsp/as per taste
- Carom seeds/ajwain : ¼ tsp
- Cooking soda :a pinch
- Oil : 3.5 tbsp
- Oil for frying
INGREDIENTS FOR FILLING
- Boiled potato(peeled and crumbled) :1.5 cup
- Oil(preferably mustard) :1.5 tbsp
- Coriander seeds(crushed) : ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds : ¼ tsp
- Asafetida (hing) : ¼ tsp
- Green chili ( chopped) 2 or as per taste
- Ginger (crushed) : 1 heaped tsp
- Coriander powder : 1.5 tbsp
- Turmeric powder : ¼ tsp
- Salt : 1 tsp/ as per taste
- Coriander leaves(chopped) : 1 tbsp
- First take flour, salt, soda, carom seeds, and oil in a bowl and knead a tight dough with help of water. Cover and keep aside.
- Take a kadhai or pan and heat mustard oil.
- Add coriander seeds, cumin seeds, asafetida, green chili, ginger, turmeric powder and coriander powder in the same sequence.
- Sauté for few seconds and add potato and salt to it
- Sauté for a minute, add coriander leaves and switch off the flame and let this stuffing cool.
- Now knead the dough again by tucking inside and cut into 3 equal parts.
- Take one part and roll into an oval shape
- Cut into 2 halves, take one half and roll again.
- Apply water on the edges, make samosa cone (refer to the video)
- Fill with potato stuffing and seal it properly.
- Above mentioned steps have to be used for the rest of samosas.
- Heat oil on medium flame and fry the samosas on low to medium heat until golden brown in color.
- Serve hot with chutney or enjoy with your evening tea!!!
Click here to read more interesting articles on recipes